In an recent article written on the subject of A Fisherman's Tale I was asked to provide a recipe on the subject of Gefilte Fish Burgers.
Having scoured the Internet and asked various locals from these parts, I have shown below the basic requirements and recipe needed to achieve this old fashioned repast.
Here is the information you need:
First catch your pike and slowly pound it painfully in the slowest cruelest way possible.
Please note that this recipe calls for a large innocent Pike minding its own business in the shallows of a river.
The fish needs to be calling out 'Kill Me Kill Me'
To make 60-65 burgers
* 8 hg (800 g) severely squashed pike fillets
* 5 hg (500 g) minced meat (or lean beef mince, mixed half-and-half with kosher pork mince)
* 4 eggs
* 6-8 cooked, cold potatoes
* 1 ½ tablespoon salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* oil and butter
1. Pass fish fillets, potatoes and meat through a meat grinder to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
2. Add the other ingredients and mix everything well.
3. Fry a small piece of fish mince to test seasoning.
4. Then shape mince into patties.
5. In a frying pan heat some oil and butter, then fry on each side for a few minutes until golden browned and done.
If you are really in to this type of fish dish you can read more at: Pike Burger Recipe (Pike ~ Pan Fried/Sauteed) http://www.all-fish-seafood-recipes.com/index.cfm/recipe/Pike_Burger#ixzz1tQQ79azc
On a personal note I have Halibut enough of this subject and have no wish to Carp on about it anymore.