Apres moi le deluge! Never in the history of mankind (or diablog) has so much been achieved against so many (Pete, Engine Room and a deeply suspicious 'Anon' who was probably either or both of of them too ashamed to admit it) by so few (moi)!
Never have I won a diablog argument so easily. 6-0,6-0 - the only score needed as the opponents were two lightweights, nay, girlies. My pencil sharpener would have put up a better fight!
First, I accept the ridicule of the typo - yep, missed the missing 'c'. Mea Culpa, better luck next time I hope.
I shan't crow too much over the saddo's inability to avoid falling at the first hurdle, but must note:
1. Both ER (and that is an old queen!) and Pete were incapable of mounting a positive argument to support their case. Both relied on personal insult (a low/simplistic/uninmaginative/cheap expedient) rather than explaining to me the error of my ways with uplifting/factual/interesting discourse.
QED: Listening to Leonard Cohen makes you a moron and depressed.
2. Note that ER (ditto to above) quotes music for 'praying' (why would you want to do that other than if you need an emotional crutch - by the way ER, your flies are open - and 'mourning' - well those are two well pleasureable experiences!
QED: ER listening to Leonard Cohen adds gloom to the above.
3. Why, when discussing bad, tuneless music must you two allude to bad practitioners who, to their credit, don't pretend to be anything else (vide Tracey Chapman, James Blunt and a stack of others). This does not apply to Morrissey, The Smiths or indeed Bono, all of whom are Cohen-like in their lack of joi de vivre, boring repetoire and self importance.
QED: Listening to Leonard Cohen makes you incapable of rational thought.
4. Although I thought it a little below the belt (and it would appear that there is plenty of room there) of Pete to attach a photo of me when I was slimmer, again, the only defence was abuse. Personal as well, though I note that whilst the photo of me is as a younger man, the one of the antilife/antimelody/angostura (sorry, angst storer) is not of the scrawny neodylan as he is now, but when he looked half human 50 years ago. I would have thought you could have compared like with like - however the choice was yours.
QED: Listening to Leonard Cohen is a complete waste of a life and therefore leads to suicide.
5. As for Anon's offer of delivering me crates of Leonard Cohen CD's, this would be gratefully accepted as apparently CD's hung over soft fruit keeps the birds away.
QED: The only use for Leonard Cohen and his songs and his CD's is to induce suicide in starving blackbirds, or could lead to you being immersed in guano.
Discussion finito - Cohen a plonker and his supporters short of anything worth reading. Frankly, I cant be bothered to continue this discussion. You lost big time.
Ever listening and waiting